Thursday, November 25, 2010

Exquisite Corpse

I made a new movie. Sort of! It's actually a segment from a larger movie of which I still haven't seen the rest of. My friend Walt, who also did the Tetricide show earlier this year, has put together an Exquisite Corpse show in L.A. Exquisite Corpse is this thing where someone draws on a section of paper, and then covers up all but a sliver of it, and then another person continues the drawing based only on the sliver they can see, and so on until the page has been filled by multiple people. It can also be done with stories. Like someone writes a paragraph, and the next person only gets to read the last sentence of that paragraph, and then they write a paragraph based on that. You can read more about it here. I have no idea why it's called Exquisite Corpse, though I suppose I could likely find out by actually reading the page I just linked to. Anyway, part of Walt's show includes movie versions of this, and I was given the ending to one. Which was amazing for me because one of my dream jobs is to rewrite endings. It wasn't quite the same without being able to see more than 30 seconds of the movie I was ending, but I still had fun with it. My initial idea for it was to have someone waking up from a dream, but then Doug made fun of me for being too obvious. I still ended up sticking with that idea, but I went much farther with it, so I think it makes up for itself.

This is a photo from the set to entice you:


If you're in L.A., you can go see it IN PERSON. The show is called Picture Con Secuencia, and it's at Echo Curio. It ends on the 29th, though. Check it out if you can. I wasn't able to this time, because even though I'm officially a Los Angeles video artist, I don't actually live there yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment