Monday, March 14, 2011

Movie Review: 8½

I rewatched parts of Fellini's because it was playing on my shift at the Red Vic. I will admit that it can be fun to disagree with most of the world on certain movies, and I enjoy arguing with people about why is a piece of shit and The Room is a masterpiece. But at the same time, there's part of me that is distressed by not liking every movie, especially ones that so many others tend to appreciate, and so I'll occasionally revisit something to find out if I'm just missing out. I watched about two 30 minute chunks of , and even having seen it before, I know it's not entirely fair to judge based on random segments, but what I saw was annoying as fuck and completely boring. I hated the main character, I hated his interactions with people, I hated the music and the editing and the tone that it set. I caught about 30 seconds worth of Barbara Steele, and she was excellent. That's all I can give to this movie. The cinematography is ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment