Saturday, February 18, 2017

New York

Hi, I am moving to New York soon to pursue my dreams of living in New York now I guess. Before I leave, I’m going on a Farewell LA Tour. It’s named that because I’m saying farewell to LA, and it’s also an “LA Tour” because calling something a tour when it’s all within the same city is VERY funny. So far, I have booked upwards of 5 shows (expecting a lot of WOW reactions for this achievement). There will likely be more. If you would like to book me on your show, please email me at Facebook Messenger (or wolfsothern@gmail.com). I am here through the end of April.

Tonight is the first stop on my tour. Ron Lynch's Tomorrow! Crapshoot! at midnight, which is one of my favorite shows. I will be reading about the history of Data Entry, and it could get incredibly filthy and/or violent. It’s exciting because Ron asked me to do something “short and weird”, so it reminds me of doing Sleepaway Camp every week, where instead of relying on just stand-up, I had to scramble to come up with something short and weird at the last minute, and it was insanely stressful but also very rewarding. Which all makes sense because Tomorrow! was a huge influence on Sleepaway.

So I hope to see you there “Tomorrow!” But actually tonight, because I absolutely refuse to acknowledge midnight as the turning of a new day, it’s so stupid that we do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment