Saturday, December 31, 2011

Amy Decemberling



Like Landis (with An American Werewolf in London), Heckerling also directed one of my very, very favoritest movies of all time ever, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, as well as Clueless, which I didn't get a chance to rewatch and review this month, but it is also a major favorite. So she had a pretty good track record with me, because those were the only two films of hers I had seen and they are both perfect. I've now seen every feature she's directed, including A Night at the Roxbury, which she produced and seemed pretty involved with and I guess directed some scenes, and I've started watching the Fast Times TV series, which she directed a few episodes for. Her other films may not be as amazing as Fast Times and Clueless, but almost all of them are great (Look Who's Talking Too is the only disappointment). She's pretty incredible, and definitely extremely underrated as a writer/director.

Ranked:
1. Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982)
2. Clueless (1995)
3. Look Who's Talking (1989)
4. Vamps (2012)
5. Loser (2000)
6. I Could Never Be Your Woman (2007)
7. Johnny Dangerously (1984)
8. European Vacation (1985)
9. Look Who's Talking Too (1990)

Next month: Alejandro Januowsky and Coffin Joe-anuary.

No comments:

Post a Comment